Friday, December 16, 2022

Hamilton Island - Day 5

I missed the sunrise this morning, instead having a sleep in.  My throat is less sore but I've lost my voice and I've developed a cough.  Henry has woken up feeling much better, but still a little snotty.  We both remain COVID negative.

We have nothing official planned for the day.  Milly and I take the golf buggy for a joy ride around the island, taking in some new views and checking out the beautiful houses.  We also managed to see a plane landing.

It is another very hot day.  It's only bearable if you stay indoors with air conditioning or cool off in the water.  We decided to spend some time at Catseye Beach.  Buster doesn't want to come with us, so it's just me, Michael, Henry and Milly.  The water is so refreshing.  I might not be feeling great, but I'm determined to not let it stop me from enjoying the holiday and all the things I wanted to do.  

There are lots of water activities available on the beach to hire - kayaks, paddleboards, mini catamarans, and snorkelling gear.  We grabbed some double kayaks and paddled around the beach.  Lots of fun before heading back to the apartment to escape the sun and hydrate with some cold drinks. 




The rest of the day I spent conserving energy and resting.  Michael took the kids joy riding in the buggy and to get gelatos.  They later spent more time in the pool.

We are booked into a South East Asian restaurant for dinner, just Michael, Henry and myself.  Although,  Henry changed his mind and didn't want to come.  Due to cancellation policies, we still needed to attend with three people.  Milly stuck up her hand and joined us.

Walking to the restaurant we stopped to enjoy the sunset and take in the full moon.  While at the restaurant we were seated on a balcony that overlooked Catseye Beach and allowed us to watch the moon as it reflected a twinkling glow across the seawater.  Pure magic.  As for the food, it was incredibly generous and delicious.    

Another beautiful day in paradise over.






Crispy silken tofu with sweet soy, ginger gel, cucumber & herbs

Yellow curry with roasted pumpkin,
baby onion, kale & cashew pepita dukkah

Crispy half duck with sour plum sauce, Sichuan pepper & lemon

Stir fried Asian greens with mushroom, chilli, garlic & oyster sauce




No comments: