Thursday, December 15, 2022

Hamilton Island - Day 4

 




The most stunning sunrise is my highlight from this day, because I woke up with a throat so sore I felt like I was swallowing razor blades.  Plus my brain was a bit foggy.  We had brought some Rapid Antigen Tests with us and I did one.  Thankfully I was COVID negative.  

Henry has also woken up not feeling the best.  He's very snotty and vomits.  He is also COVID negative.

Today is Michael's special day.  He had booked himself a round of golf on neighbouring Dent Island.  It boasts an 18-hole championship golf course, designed by five-time British Open winner Peter Thomson, and has amazing views of the surrounding islands.  We took our golf buggy and I drop him down at the marina so he can catch a ferry across to the golf club.

Michael says the enjoyed his round of golf, with the course being visually stunning and visually intimidating.










While Michael was at golf I treated the kids to a buffet breakfast by the beach.  Henry and I struggled with not feeling 100%.  After breakfast, he went back to our apartment where he rested and slept for most of the day.  I took Milly and Buster to the pool for a morning swim and then rested in the apartment until Michael was due to return.



When Michael contacted me from the ferry to let me know what time to collect him from the marina, I headed to where our buggy was parked outside our apartment, only to discover it missing.  I stood there, slightly confused.  There was a buggy parked where I had left our buggy on it's charger, but it was the wrong colour.  I called Michael to let him know our buggy was missing and then contacted the concierge of our apartment and informed them as well.  They said there are some keys that turned and worked in other buggies, and they'd send someone out to look for our buggy and call me back.  Five minutes later I started to question myself and wondered if it was possible I had taken the wrong buggy after dropping Michael off at the marina earlier that morning.  I called Michael again and explained myself and asked him to look for our buggy at the marina where I had parked earlier that morning (thank goodness all the buggies have different licence plates).  Sure enough, our buggy was still at the marina.  Oh my god, I've stolen someone else's buggy and I feel like I'm losing my mind.

I quickly drove the buggy back to the marina and parked it next to our buggy.  I was hoping whomever the buggy belonged to was also playing golf that day and were still on the golf course and hadn't noticed their buggy missing.  At this point, Michael was shaking his head and couldn't believe it.  The two buggies looked completely different.

Call it a senior moment, blame it on my not feeling well, whatever you want to call this brain explosion, I will never live it down.




No comments: