Friday, April 15, 2022

Sunshine Coast - Day 4

 

Hidden in the suburbs of Buderim is a beautiful rainforest and waterfall walk.  The walk itself is not that long, though some parts were tricky due to the recent rain.  You can hear the waterfalls as you make your way along the trail.  It was a gorgeous little adventure.  

There were a few families in the water and under the falls.  I got in up to my the top of my legs, but the water was cold and I'm a bit nervous about entering any water where I can't see the bottom, especially when it's rocky. 





Tracey had told us about an aqua park that might be fun for the kids.  My brother booked us all in for a late afternoon session as the day was quite warm and we didn't want to be under the sun during the middle of the day.  Unfortunately, by the afternoon it had turned overcast and drizzly.  When we were standing by the banks of the aqua park in our swimmers and life jackets, it started to rain and the wind picked up.... I immediately started wishing I was anywhere but about to get in the water.  

How wrong I was!  This turned out to be the most fun I've ever had at a water park.  I could not stop laughing at myself and my brother as we wobbled through the obstacle course, tumbled off the obstacles countless times, and tried our hardest to haul ourselves out of the water and back on the rafts.  Michael, Dad and Tracey were watching and cheering us on from the bar deck.  It was just was entertaining for them as it was us.  




We got home, showered and presented ourselves to the Buderim Tavern for dinner.  Great evening views across the Sunshine Coast but the food was pretty disappointing.  Nonetheless, we all went to bed early with smiles on our faces from an awesome day spent together.

 

No comments: