Tuesday, April 10, 2012

You know


I know you are waiting on a blog posting of our Easter weekend, but until I've got a spare hour to put it together, here is something else.

It's school holiday time and Michael has taken some annual leave to spend time with me and the kids.  When I was out shopping I saw a pack of Uno cards, and with such fond memories of playing it as a kid I popped it in the trolley thinking it would make a great game to play as a family.

I wasn't sure if the kids would grasp all the different action cards and rules but they proved me wrong, and I really must learn not to underestimate their abilities.  Milly is quite strategic when she plays and quietly goes about getting rid of her cards.  Before you know it she's calling "Uno" and the game is over.  Henry loves all the action cards, especially the Wild Cards.  He gets disappointed if the hand he is dealt doesn't have at least two action cards in it.

This card game has given us some great family time together.  The kids are really enjoying it and want to play everyday.  We've had lots of laughs (some tears when we don't win) and plenty of fun.

No comments: