Sunday, April 22, 2012

Birthday festival Part 2 of 3 - Mister



Henry's birthday started very early.  Too early.  It was still dark and when he was standing by the side of our bed and I looked at the clock, it wasn't even five am yet.  I wished him a happy birthday and told him it was still night time and to go back to bed.  He shuffled back to his bedroom but all the subtle noises had woken Buster, who is a light sleeper.  I got up and put Buster in the bed between me and Michael and hoped he would go back to sleep.  I don't think he did, nor Henry, but I must have.  The next thing I remember is Henry standing by the bed again with a desperate look on his face wanting to open his presents, and daylight poking through the blinds.  Don't know where Buster had gotten to.  I looked at the clock and it was 7:20am.  Milly was still asleep, so knowing how anxious Henry was to get his birthday celebration moving I gave him permission to wake up Milly.  Poor Henry.  I know for him it felt like he had waited a century for his special day.
 



With everybody up it was time for the present opening ceremony.  Blink and you would have missed it.  Henry ripped through every present and parcel only pausing when I asked him to so I could take a photo.  It was all over within a few minutes.  Henry's special birthday breakfast request was for a bacon wrap with BBQ sauce. 

Love Lego.


So rare I get one-on-one time with Mister.  With Buster asleep and Milly busy with her Barbies, we can build some Lego together.  I love his smile in this photo.  I hope it's because he's as happy as me.

Henry's special birthday lunch request - cut up apple and pear.  I love how simple my children can be.

A blank face = playing the wii.


Henry's special birthday dinner - Macdonalds.


No comments: