Saturday, January 20, 2018

2017 Boxing Day Huckers Tournament



The famous Boxing Day Huckers Tournament was played again this past Christmas.  With my brother not with us to play, it was time for the next generation to step up and be inducted.  Henry was that player.

Traditionally, we all pick on my brother to prevent him from winning.  This time that honour fell to my Dad.  I was reigning champ from 2015, so was expecting to be ganged up on as well.

The first game was won by Michael in a game that made Hucker's history.  Poor Henry, in his first game had the severest case of bad luck when rolling the dice.  He didn't roll a six (the number needed to exit your house and enter the board of play) the entire game.  Welcome to Huckers Henry.

The second game was a much closer affair.  As you can see from the picture below.  Three players (myself, Dad and Henry) only needed to roll ones to claim victory.  Luck was on my side and I took the win of game two.




Game three proved to be the final game and I convincingly walked away with the win.  Unbeaten.  Champion still.

I like to think Grandad and Nan were watching over me play.  I had visited their memorial that morning to pay my respects and remember them.  Thanks Nan and Grandad.



No comments: