Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Turning 6 and turning 8


You could be forgiven for thinking it's Christmas at our house.  There is wrapping paper everywhere, partially opened presents, and toys now looking for homes on the shelves and in the toy boxes.  That's right, it's birthday time again.  Milly has turned six, Henry has turned eight, and poor Buster doesn't understand why it's not his birthday too.
 
 
Happy Birthday Poppet.  Yes, you can open your presents now.

Making birthday breakfast pancakes in present from Toowoomba cousins.
 

We held a little party for Milly and some of her school friends.  Originally it was to be a picnic morning tea at a local playground and park, but cold winds and grey clouds had us relocate the party to our house.

Michael making some fairy dust potions with the birthday girl.
 

Birthday cuddles.
 
We decided to outsource Henry's birthday party.  Neither of us fancied trying to entertain a group of 7-8 year old boys, especially in our own home.  So we organised some laser tag and bowling, and they threw in some karaoke as well.  I love karaoke, but I love it when I've had a few drinks and I'm with my friends and it's night time.  I don't love it when it is played so loudly I can't hear myself think, when it's the middle of the day, when I'm sober or when I'm listening to boys singing "I'm sexy and I know it".  It all just seems a bit wrong.  Nevermind, the boys loved it.  They were gangnam styling and shuffling up a storm.   

Karaoke king.

Birthday bowling.

Learning to skate.

No comments: