Sunday, April 07, 2013

Reading groups

One of the joys of being a stay-at-home mum is being able to help out at school. When Henry started kindergarten I would show up to assist with reading groups and it was a great way to get to know all the kids in his class, be a part of his learning, and watch him grow. I also know Henry enjoyed having me visit his classroom and was disappointed that I wasn't able to help with his Year 1 class last year due to Buster being a too much of a distraction.

This year my time has freed up a bit more. Buster is able to sit still and entertain himself for longer periods of time, plus he is at preschool two days a week, making it all the more able for me to help out not only with Henry's class but with Milly's class too.

So three days a week I help out at school with reading groups and on one of those days Buster joins me. We arrive at school with his morning snack, a sketch pad and pens, and a couple of small toys. He's been very good at not running around and distracting everyone. In fact, it would be fair to say he has found a new way of keeping himself busy while I help out.

 



No comments: