Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The festive photo


Here it is.  The Christmas photo.  Look at my three little lovelies.  Don't they look happy?  Let me fill you in on what it took to get this photo.

As usual no one wanted to participate or cooperate.  Henry and Milly are more experienced with my "you will do this or die" approach to getting a family photo.  Buster on the other hand could not have cared less and struggled and fought against it.



Then Henry wanted to muck about and Buster was still looking for his way out.  Milly was happy to pose.




The photo shoot was finally saved by Michael.  He stood next to me and hit himself, and hit himself, and hit himself some more.  The kids find this hilarious.  Seeing their father hurt or pretending injury is laugh-out-loud funny.  Not sure what that says about them or our parenting skills.  But it got them smiling and looking happy, and that is all that mattered to me as I snapped away. 



With Michael exhausted from entertaining the kids by torturing himself, the kids too were tired of having to sit still and smile.  We were all relieved when I called an end to the photo shoot.  I was hoping that at least one of the 74 photos I took would have them in focus and all smiling.  And there you have it for another year.

No comments: