Friday, November 11, 2011

The toothy milestone



After watching some of his pre-school and then school friends lose their teeth Henry was beginning to wonder when it would happen for him. Finally about three months ago his first tooth started to wobble. It was just a little wobble, but it was enough to get him excited. Not much as happened with that tooth over the past few months but last week it suddenly started to wobbly a bit more and then it was barely hanging on.

It's final moment came during dinner. It was getting in the way of him eating his pasta and he just pulled it out.





We wrapped the tooth in some tissue and put it under his pillow for the tooth fairy. He couldn't wait to find out if the tooth fairy would take it away and leave him some money. I let him know that the tooth fairy often gives the first tooth back to the Mum and Dad for a keepsake, because it is a special tooth.




The next morning at 5:50am Henry woke me up to show me his $2 and tell me his tooth was gone. I told him to look under my pillow to see if the tooth fairy had left it behind for me. Surely enough, the tooth fairy had.






No comments: