Thursday, September 02, 2010

My new favourite day

Milly started daycare this week. She now goes one day a week with Henry.

Leading up to "the big day" we needed to go shopping and get a backpack, which she picked out herself, and we talked about what should could expect.



On the morning I took her she ran in with so much enthusiasm and didn't know which table of activities to start on first. Needless to say when I picked them up in the afternoon and asked Milly what her favourite bit of daycare was her response was "all the bits". The staff also said she settled in really well and one of the older girls had taken Milly under her wing to look after and play with her.



Dressed and excited.



The proud big brother.


Henry's new haircut. Gotta admit I miss his long haired look but I'm sure Henry doesn't miss being mistaken for a girl anymore.

So with H&M together at daycare I now have one day devoted to Buster, and when he's asleep devoted to myself. The house was very quiet and I loved every minute of it. Being able to do things uninterrupted was bliss, like having lunch and being able to sit down and enjoy it, grocery shopping without the nagging for a "special treat", reading for myself, even going to the toilet. It was a good taste of what next year will be like when Henry starts school and Milly is in preschool. So it is now official - in 2010, Wednesday is my favourite day.

No comments: