Thursday, September 24, 2009

32 weeks


Well, here I am - 32 weeks pregnant. At last we are in the home stretch. I can't say it has been the most wonderful of pregnancies. I had morning sickness up until 20 weeks and then it came back again around 28 weeks. I've been really exhausted, my body is swollen, my ankles are now cankles, and my fuse has been short. I haven't really felt like I've had the chance to enjoy being pregnant when I've felt less than ordinary. But last Friday, I woke up and felt good - my energy levels were back, and I'm less grumpy and tired. And finally I'm excited about the baby and its arrival.

We had an obstetric appointment yesterday and got to see the baby on an ultrasound that our obstetrician did in his rooms. The baby is lying posterior (it's spine against mine) and head down. The baby was blinking and looked like it was smiling. Our obstetrician told us it looked like it was going to be a good-sized baby. That, of course, is no surprise to us as we don't do small babies. I certainly remember when pregnant with Henry and Milly I was over it all by now and really struggling with the extra weight and exhaustion. So now with seven weeks to go I'm hoping this feel good mood stays with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done Tiff, you've come this far, with a whole family to look after as well as a growing bump. You have and are doing a wonderful job. It will all be SOOOooooo worth it. Not long now, and the pregnacy difficulties will fade away with the joy of holding your new baby in your arms, and seeing Henry and Milly connect with their youg sibling. x x x x
Love from Aunty Kathy