Monday, December 15, 2008

Michael's birthday cake

No our children do not have a diet consisting solely of chocolate. Although looking back over the blog it could be seen that way given the number of photos we have posted with the kids faces covered in it. The special occassion this time was Michael's birthday. Anyone who knows Michael knows his love of chocolate, a gene he has passed down to Henry who can sniff it out like a dog a bone, so only a super chocolately cake would do to celebrate Michael's ageing.

Every child's favourite part of baking - licking the beaters.


And of course, someone has to lick the saucepan too.
Henry decided a whole cucumber was needed to go with his chocolate beater.


Henry and his cucumber sing Happy Birthday to Michael.
Milly kept her distance from the candles.


Happy Birthday Dadda.


Henry on his homemade stilts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Tiff they are both adorable - and Michael too of course. I think the love of chocalate must run in the family aswell, our Christmas tree is nearly empty of chocolate, it was only put up Saturday !!!

Lots of Love xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Sorry forgot to sign off ! I'll try again.

Lots of Love Emily xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

happy memories being made. We all remember baking with Mum. I was about 4 or 5 and asked if I could get the egg from the fridge. It was hugh in my small hand, I then did an accidental trip, comedy style, and dropped it on the hard floor in Marske kitchen. Cried my eyes out because I had let my mum down having been given the responsibility! It's Ok I'm not scarred for life...sniff.
LOVELY pics, who needs shop boaugh stilts. Was this Jackeie's influence? We made them as kids too.
Aunty Kathy