Friday, June 01, 2007

He and Me


Karma. I was just boasting to a pregnant friend the other day about how little washing I did when Henry was a newborn because he wasn’t a baby that vomited and pooed all the time, therefore requiring many changes of clothes for himself and me. Milly is not such a baby. Karma. She likes a vomit or two and sometimes her poo’s are so explosive they burst out the top of her nappy and can be found smeared up her back and over her torso. Not bad. Karma I say.

Milly is also a noisy little thing. She grunts, snorts and squeaks while awake and asleep. She likes to snuggle, loves being bounced on the fit ball or rocked in her rocker, and instantly falls asleep when we go out for walks or a drive in the car. She has also started smiling at us.


Henry still has a big sleep in the middle of the day and I haven’t quite got them synchronised yet so I can get a rest as well. However, their daily routines are such that one sleeps while the other is awake, so they both get one-on-one time with me – that is until around 4.30pm when they are both awake and wanting attention and I’m knackered and just trying to get through the remainder of the day until Michael comes home. But I feel like I’m getting enough sleep at night.



Henry is slowing starting to show an interest in Milly. He can’t quite say her name properly, it comes out as “Me”, which is funny because he can’t say his own name properly so refers to himself as “He”.



In other news, both Henry and Michael have been recovering from colds and me from mastitis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Just got in internet after two weeks away in the Yorkshire Dales. It was a lovely surprise to find more news and pictures waitng for me. I bet you have got to the stage now where you have newfound respect for your Mum and all other mothers. Sounds to me like you are doing a wonderful job and Henry and Milly are a cedit to you both. Lots of love, or as they say in Yorkshire " Now then" x x x x