Sunday, November 07, 2021

Fifty

 



I made it.  There was a time in my life where I couldn't see myself living to 21, so to make it to 50... I'll take it.  My work surprised me with a cupcake tower morning tea (breaking the rules, as no sharing of food or gatherings allowed due to COVID), a gorgeous bunch of white flowers, and an enforced early mark.  I scored on the flowers.  Getting home I was greeted by more flowers from my in-laws and my brother.  




Normally, we would have gone out for dinner; however, Milly wasn't well (terrible hayfever).  We postponed for a Saturday breakfast outing instead.    

The big celebration was meant to be a family holiday to Hamilton Island.  I'd said earlier in the year I wanted to celebrate my milestone on Whitehaven Beach.  Alas, COVID foiled our plans and Queensland's border was closed to us.  We have rescheduled our holiday but will have to wait another year and we can celebrate Michael's fiftieth instead.





No comments: