Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Fiji - part 2



You can't help but feel relaxed in Fiji.  Time just seems to slow down and the days feel longer.  There's no need to rush.  I'll admit I spent a lot of time just lying around and staring off into the distance.  My mind was at peace.

One of the fun things to do on Denarau Island where the resorts are lined up along the beach is catch the Bula Bus.  It picks up from each resort and takes you to the marina for shopping, eating or boat trips.  It's not a traditional bus, but the openness allows for a nice breeze on those hot Fiji days.






Back at our resort Milly and I took in a weaving demonstration.  They made me this hat and I loved it.  Unfortunately, when it was time to leave Fiji, it was still too green to pass Australian customs.  They chucked it in the bin.




It's fair to say we ate well in Fiji.  Our resort had two restaurants.  One of them was called the Beach Shack and it had beautiful views across the water.  Breakfast there was a highlight for the kids because they had waffles.  I opted for a granola with coconut yoghurt.




 The Radisson Blu resort next door to ours had the most spectacular Thai restaurant.  It was al fresco and overlooked their tropical gardens.  The food was sensational.  The best yellow curry I've ever tasted.







No comments: