Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Now we are six


When I was one, I had just begun
When I was two, I was nearly new
When I was three, I was hardly me
When I was four, I was not much more
When I was five, I was just alive
But now I am six, I'm as clever as clever
So I think I'll be six now and forever.



Buster's birthday celebrations started on Saturday when he hosted his first birthday party.  He invited a group of school friends to a play centre and they ran around and got sweaty for a few hours.  He was a great host and enjoyed himself totally.

Come Monday and our sleepy head was slow to wake up and get his actually birthday started.  Instead of heading downstairs to open his presents, he headed to the kitchen and helped Henry unstack the dishwasher.  Once he realised what day it was the present opening began with gusto (interspersed with well wishing phone calls).







Then it was off to school where his class sang him Happy Birthday and he got to wear the birthday badge all day.  He was also selected as the teacher's special helper for the day, which just made it all the more glorious.



Come home time and he was greeted with more presents, a birthday cake afternoon tea, and more phone calls.  His birthday dinner request was a trip to McDonalds where we met up with Michael, fresh off the train from work, and where we finished the day.

He (and us) are very grateful for all the birthday wishes and gifts received.  Now we are six.





1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I just love that they all want smartie cakes! What a wonderful day he had!