Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Breaking boards



Just how much does Henry want to go back to Queensland for a holiday?  He wants it bad enough that he put his fist through a wood board to prove it.

Yes, our quiet Little Mister can break boards.  Who knew?

His karate centre had an open day for current students to try out new things and breaking boards was on the schedule.  Proving just how much I underestimate him, he broke his board on his first try and without any hesitation.  He was pretty proud of himself and rightfully so.





The instructor encouraged the parents to have go as well.  I admit I was pretty anxious about doing it and had little belief I could do it.  The boards the parents had were a lot smaller than the kid's boards, but they were twice as thick.

Henry encouraged me the whole time and I too smashed the board on my first attempt.  It was a very empowering experience and beautiful to share it with Henry.

So now whenever he and I have any self doubts we dismiss them because "if we can break boards we can do anything".



No comments: